Wednesday, December 09, 2009

The Anonymous Treat Run

We had some fun tonight doing an anonymous treat drop off at three houses. The first house had too many windows to go to the door and ring the bell, so we put it in the mail box. We called them, gave Addie the phone and in her cute little voice she said, "Check your mail box!"

For the next house she and Anthony were all hyped up to ring the bell. Apparently when they got to the door she chickened out and refused, so Anthony did it and then carried her back to the car for our getaway. On our way to the last house she asked if we could just make another phone call.

As we drove home through neighborhoods full of Christmas lights, Addie pointed out everything she saw and Jack joined in the excitement.

Addie: Santa!!

Jack: YEEEEEEEEEE

Addie: Baby Jesus!!

Jack: dugga dugga

We pretty much heard the same dialog back and forth until we got home. What can I say...it's good to be back in a land where Santa and Jesus get equal rights. On that note, I thought Addie and I could go over the story of Christ's birth tonight before bedtime. The seriousness of my intentions was thwarted as she stopped me and said, "Mom, I saw baby Jesus tonight and he was NOT moving. There were lights everywhere and he was not moving." I was all out of smarts, so we sang a song and said good night.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

That's really funny. :) I also love the look on both of your kids faces as they're in line to see Santa.