Saturday, December 05, 2009

The Meeting

We're on Day 5 of the Christmas countdown and Christmas joys have been stifled already. What, you say, could have done such a thing? Meeting Santa, of course.

Anthony took Addie and Jack to a local tree lighting last night. There was music, hot chocolate, cookies, lights, and apparently a much dreaded Santa. Anthony told me she went completely nuts, in a bad way, when Santa appeared for the first time and all other subsequent run-ins produced screaming and fearful tears. On the way home Addie told him that she didn't want Santa to come to our house this year.

Soooooo, what do I do NOW? I've heard of many a child freaking out when they have to sit on Santa's lap, but they seem to recover and still think he's wonderful as long as they don't have to touch him. I don't know that I've seen a child so fearful at the sight of him and I've never heard of this "thanks, but no thanks" response!

4 comments:

Amber, your Neighborhood Nutritionist said...

I simply can't get over the fact that Anthony took the kids to an event like that by HIMSELF!!! Points for Anthony.

BandHGardner said...

Oh man, good luck with that.

Serena said...

She could become pen pals with Santa! Then maybe he will bring her a bike and a fishing pole, because they only make those at the North Pole and all. It would be cute for her to write him a letter!

Lori said...

Oh Julie! Good luck with that one. Hope you find a win-win solution!