Friday, January 19, 2007

Remote Understanding

Today while I was playing with Adeline on our bed she started reaching for something. She was sitting up and since she can't crawl yet, she just threw all of her weight over in one general direction with arms stretched out. I didn't know what she could want because all of her toys were right in front of her so I lifted her up and helped her get to where she wanted. We landed directly over the remote control. I thought this was kinda strange because all her cool toys are bright wonderful colors and the remote is all gray aside from three very exciting green buttons.

I figured it out just now as we have been in the living room playing with Baby Einstein on. There are parts of this one video that she doesn't like, so I usually just hit the "forward" button when she's squalking. I noticed that as I picked up the remote to do just that, she stared at it with great anticipation. As soon as I hit the button, she glanced back at the TV to see if I had fixed her show for her. Wow. That's all I can say.

3 comments:

Vickie said...

I told you this baby was a jeanous !!!!

Em said...

lol. wow mom.

Shaela said...

Scary isn't it...the things we unwittingly teach our children