Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Oh Yes I Did


Didn't you hear? With the price of gas going sky high these days, it is now legal in several states to hitch a Burley trailer to your car for the kiddos! I joke. This is our super cool Nana sporting the birthday present she got this weekend.

On the other hand, here is what I got while my mom is hot-rodding it around Houston. (Sorry about the bad photography...As you can see, the house next door is white.)



It was a long, quiet, and difficult discussion that I've had with myself over the past few years about having to eat everything I've ever said about minivans. I think I crossed over mentally and emotionally three years ago when I was taking enough fertility drugs to get a set of triplets, which of course would necessitate a leap like this.

Conversely, I only had to mention a slight interest in a minivan to Anthony and all of the sudden he was researching them. Every other time I've mentioned an interest in any other kind of new vehicle he has insisted that what I was driving was perfectly fine. But here, I only mentioned that I had seen the light of practicality where minivans were concerned less than 60 days ago and now there is one in the drive way. There must be some male ego thing tied to putting the wife and kids into a large family friendly vehicle? Maybe an effort to make sure no other guy is checking me out? :)

Jokes aside...I love it and know we will really enjoy it. It's really amazing how much thought about a family has been put into this car & how many cool gadgets you can get on it! I'll just have to endure the ridicule from my family (even my grandmother refuses to drive a minivan!) while I enjoy my sweet new van.

10 comments:

BandHGardner said...

Sweet ride, Jules. There's no shame. No shame at all. We wish we could be there for Jack's blessing this weekend!

Serena said...

Sweet Ride! I can't wait to see a picture of you with your shades on and cruising around. Hopefully you got the van that has the automatic door openers. That is awesome.

Alison said...

Sadly, we have reached the same point in our lives as well. I swore I would never drive one and now we're in the market for one. Which one did you get?

The Wife said...

Awesome. That's all I have to say.

Julie said...

It's a 2008 Honda Odyssey and I really like it. :)

Keri Hove said...

You joined the Odyssey club...welcome...let me be the first to reassure you that you are not cool anymore...but let me also tell you who cares...the kids are comfy and on long trips you can sit in the 3rd row and sleep and the kids can't see you and you can't hear your husband...win win as I see it! J/K pretty fan!

Carly said...

I think it looks great! And it is totally stylish! I love reading about all your new adventures, so keep up the posting! :)

Texas Blad's said...

Wow, Julie in a mini...I remember when we swore, anyway, I know what it's like, we just moved where I can afford a big gas gussler that helps me hold on the my coolness for dear life- lol

The Waisath's said...

Are we planning on adding a third so you have officially outgrown your other vehicles? Hey, it's a minivan but it's a pretty snazy one! Next, please a photo of you driving that minivan :)

Lauren said...

We are also at that same point with gas prices and needing more room for all the "stuff" that comes with two kids. Nate isn't exactly jumping at the idea though. We both swore we would never drive one.