For the most part, Jack is a super easy baby. He does have a strange need to wake up in the middle of his naps and cry for about 10 minutes before returning to sleep, which kinda makes me crazy especially when his 2nd nap of the day overlaps with Addie's! But, after much trial and error with trying to sooth him, burp him, etc. it seems that the crying (or screaming) is just what he wants to do. ??? Strange. He's also a bit of a broken record at night. He's been eating at 10 p.m., 3 a.m., and 7 a.m. since his first week and doesn't seem to have any desire to change this. I'm a wimp for nighttime crying, so even when I say I'm going to let him cry for a while it doesn't last long. He's just so tired at that time of day, that he doesn't eat well and then I spend forever burping him. Stubborn boy I guess? Addie just gradually slept longer at night and she never really bothered to cry in the middle of a nap. At the very least, she never did it twice in a row! I know he is big enough to sleep all night - check out the chunk:
Makes his mommy proud with that round belly. :)
He makes up for the broken record nights by giving me smiles now, so just when I'm getting a little weary his sweet smile gives me a boost. It's been a great two months and while I'm trying to enjoy him as a baby I am really excited to get to know him as he grows!


8 comments:
So I couldn't help to notice the post time being at 4:45am! Must have been a long night. Well he sure is a cutie and he IS getting big!
He is soooo cute! Look at all that hair - oh my goodness!
Jackson does the same thing in the middle of his naps too. Good to know he isn't the only one.
that sounds like my addi's schedule at 2 months. she turned 4 months and decided she was going to start sleeping for 9-10 straight so hopefully he will too soon.
I can't believe it's been two months! It seems like you just posted your RV trip to NC. Jack is a cute one. I love his belly.
love that belly! he is so cute! he looks like a good mix of Mommy and Daddy!
What a sweet little boy! He looks great!
Hey Julie! Your kids are too cute! I didn't realize that Jack and Abi are only a month apart, I'll have to keep updated on your blog and see what Jack is up to, so I know what is coming my way :) His night schedule sounds just about identical to Abigail's right now- hopefully that changes soon!
Post a Comment