
Today was Addie's second birthday. In a way, I can't believe she is two years old. It's hard to be with her all day though and not realize how fast she is growing.
All signs point towards the fact that this sweet little baby is definitely two, however, even with the flare ups of unruliness and defiance now and then I am truly excited to see what this next year brings.
Addie is constantly making me smile. Even lately, when she says "No, I don't want to" quite often. It is so hard to not just squeeze her and tell her how cute I think she is with her little independent attitude. She's terrible at being sneaky too and she often calls my attention to her when she's doing something she shouldn't. Like yesterday, I was just picking up from room to room in the house. I walked into the living room, not even looking at her, and immediately I hear, "Oh, Hiiii" in a very matter-of-fact voice. There she was with her legs crossed, sitting in her little green chair, sipping on a Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It was all down her front but it was so funny.
Another of my favorite things she is doing right now is singing. Nana got her singing while she was with us last month, and it has been fun ever since. She will try to sing to almost any TV theme song and I can almost always cheer her up with a song of some kind. In turn, I'm the one who gets a boost because her little voice is just so sweet when she sings. Next month I'm sure there will be something new I'm enjoying about her.
When Jack was born, a good friend asked me if I felt as strongly for him as I did for Addie when she was born. I responded that I thought I felt stronger but only because I've had the opportunity to see, even for just two years, what's to come. She's given me a great parenting experience so far and I am truly grateful!
Pictures or video of the birthday celebration will come...but this momma might be tired after throwing the celebration so it could be Sunday before they are posted. I was thinking as I uploaded this picture, about how I will probably always want to use this picture for post on Addie's birthday. Then, I wondered if I'd still be blogging in 15 years. Will we have moved on to some fancier format? Should be interesting.


3 comments:
Happy Birthday Adeline! We love and miss you.
Brent and Holly
Happy Birthday, Miss Addie!! Hope you had a fun birthday bash!
Happy B-day Addie!! We miss you guys so much! Give that little sweetie Jack a kiss for us!
Post a Comment