Monday, August 18, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy


Addie found a piece of paper in one of her drawers with a list on it and brought it over to me pointing to the text saying, "Hey - H, I, J, K, na, na, na, na, P in there!"

She's been singing a church song, "A Happy Family" this week, only instead of saying "I love Mommy, she loves me. We love Daddy, yes sir-ree" she sings, "I love Addie, she loves me. We love Addie, yes sir-ree!" I think it's cute, but yesterday on the way home Anthony asked if I'd please teach her a new song this week so I guess everybody's not on board.

The babysitter on one of Addie's favorite shows is named Julie. She was talking about Julie the other day and I thought I'd explain that my name was also Julie. Now and then today she starts calling me Julie to see if I'll answer. She just stands there with this funny look on her face saying, "Julie?" She also talks to Julie on the phone. Silly girl.

Last thing of the moment - counting. Addie counting: two, four, fie, sick, seden, eight, nine, ten, leven, twelf. She has been skipping 1 and 3 for months now, not sure what they've done to offend. She alternates counting to herself and saying her H,I,J,K's to herself while she plays.

2 comments:

Melissa Wilson said...

Emma still skips 5 sometimes when she tries to count really fast...ah, we don't worry about it, right? :)

I love the new pics!

Serena said...

She is so cute! You should teach her the BINGO song, but spell her name. That will be REAL fun!!!