Sunday, December 02, 2007

Woe To Me


What a day! I couldn't resist having Anthony take this hideous, yet Christmas color coordinated, picture of me today. Look closely and you will see the IV bag hanging from the ceiling which is connected to a long tube going to my hand. About 10:30 last night I started to feel the impact of Addie's little "bug" hitting me. By midnight I was throwing up the first of NINE times that would occur by 11 a.m. this morning. The last fabulous occasion was while Addie and I were sitting in the car at the hospital waiting for Anthony to get IV bags, needles, and drugs for me.

Poor Addie had been wondering where her mother was all morning, so there had been quite a bit of crying anyways, but for some reason she enjoyed the car ride (obviously more than me and my stomach did.) She actually laughed at me as I was puking the sad remains of my insides into the bag. I was happy to entertain... Anyway, today it was really nice to enjoy one of the few perks we have yet to see of Anthony having a medical degree! He pumped me full of 2 liters and some Zofran for my stomach. It was like magic. So nice...and it saved us like 5 hours in the ER. Thank you thank you thank you!!! Oh - he gets extra praise because once I could sit up with Addie and take care of her, he ran around the house like a mad man cleaning. My hero!!

8 comments:

Street Fam said...

Poor girl! I hope you get feeling better soon. I'm glad you didn't have to wait in the ER. Way to go Anthony!!!!

Lauren said...

You poor thing. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Texas Blad's said...

Oh,Julie!! I feel your pain! Thats horible! Love that wonderful husband, though!

Stephanie said...

How sad - but your entry seemed upbeat, so hopefully that means you're feeling better.

Melissa Wilson said...

bless your heart! That's terrible. All of those firsts in one day :( Joe is good about cleaning up when I am sick though too, good thing for good men!

LCFrohm said...

Jules!
I feel so bad! We've had the flu last week, and now a coughy head cold this week. Does it ever stop?? Gosh I need a break!
I wish Rob was as ballsy as Anthony. Whenever anyone is sick or hurt- he just makes us go through the system. I think I could have used that IV bag and meds. LUCKY!
Talk to you later, chica! I'm so glad we're not in Iowa right now. It's in the 60's here. Maybe we don't need four seasons. I think it's completely over rated!!
Lins

Amber, your Neighborhood Nutritionist said...

Oh, Julie. Yuck. Feel better soon! Can you guys move here so that we can borrow Anthony occasionally?

Shaela said...

I feel your pain... I was there a month ago. Although not as bad. Sorry. Hope you are back to yourself soon.