Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ice and Sickness



It has been a slow going couple of days. We are still in Iowa instead of warm and sunny Houston because Thursday morning Addie threw up first thing and continued through the day. So, I am postponing the trip until January when Anthony is on nights which will be very nice too.

Poor Addie has never had tummy trouble, so this has been a first for all of us. First vomit cleaning up, first Pedialyte experience, first, first, first. I think we were doing okay until Friday when Addie was crying for food and I wouldn't give her anything but Pedialyte and crackers. Dr. Dad then stepped in and said I should give her "anything she will eat." I couldn't help but think back to days of being sick as a kid and how we had to eat crackers and drink Sprite for what seemed like forever before we got real food...but I caved to Anthony amongst the cries. Sure enough, this afternoon after a morning of laying on me and whining, Addie threw up more curdled milk than I could EVER desire to see again. I can't get the smell out of my nose. Yick. Back to the crackers and Pedialyte!

On another note, it's a good weekend to have a child who only wants to sleep and watch movies because we are getting iced today. Brings back memories of last years ice storm when Holly & Brent camped out with us. Memories! Something like 6 inches is expected. We'll try to get a picture...the trees look pretty cool coated in ice.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carly said...

Poor little Addie! I am not looking forward to my first experience with that. Hope she feels better soon so we can try to get together this week.

BandHGardner said...

I love her shirt! I need one of those. :) Get better soon.

Holly

Lauren said...

I feel your pain. We experienced that a few weeks ago. I think I hit my low when I threw up on Ryan's changing table:)

Amber, your Neighborhood Nutritionist said...

I can't WAIT for Brooke to have her first stomach flu! I remember JD's like it was yesterday... Oh, then I had it and then Dan had it. All at once. Dan taught us to never eat a meat lover's pizza followed by a Wendy's frostie when the rest of the family is barfing. You're just playing with fire. Just a little tip.