Anthony always loves it when I dress Addie in anything other than the color pink. So yesterday I put her in a blueish-purple top and some blue jeans. Now, the top did have bows on it and the pants had both bows and ruffles.

And she did look cute. Despite that, when we went to the hospital to have lunch with Anthony all of his coworkers kept asking what "his" name was. Even as Anthony kept talking about "her" and "she" each new person that arrived asked about "him." One guy even kept calling her "little buddy." Either way, I think he now sees the value in pink. We could avoid the confusion if I would just adopt the bowhead look, but I just don't think that is for us. She can wear bows when she has hair and I will really enjoy it. I actually deviated from this rule the other day and bought a red velvet bowhead thing to match her Christmas outfit. It will probably only be used for our Christmas card photo, but either way I felt kinda shallow breaking one of my own rules. It's just that every other time I see a baby girl with one of these on it has fallen over her eyes. I'd much rather waste my time trying to keep cute shoes on her feet than a bow on her head. Anthony says we should pierce her ears...don't worry Nana, it won't happen! Not until she's been able to beg for it for at least two years. Maybe then.
No comments:
Post a Comment