Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas School Crafts

This Christmas season I have been especially loving the crafts Addie has done at school. I've loved a lot of things about school, really. On the first day of December they talked about the birth of Christ as an introduction to the month. From then on, every day has had something to do with that - complete with one day when they all brought a stuffed farm animal to school to reenact the setting of the manger.

This week they focused on the letter "J" so she cut out the name "Jesus" in many different fonts and glued it onto a big "J". Then yesterday she did a cute picture of the Wise Men. It has been so great to have some reinforcement of the things we are teaching her! While it might seem redundant to me to put the same name all over a "J", it made for easy conversation about what Christmas is all about. This is something I am sad to be losing next year in the public schools.


The Christmas Coloring book was a gift from her teachers yesterday on their last day before the holiday. It's to the style of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" only it's with Christmas items like stars, reindeer, angels, Christmas trees, candy canes, and presents with Santa seeing the child at the end. It's really cute. Addie will enjoy coloring it for at least a few days and then we can enjoy reading it with Jack.

1 comment:

Em said...

Those are three rockin' wise men! Love all of it. I still have a Christmas book like the one on the right that I made at Woodrow. I love it that I have something like that to hold on to. Just don't ask me where I've put it...