Sunday, December 05, 2010

Heath Tree Lighting

On Friday night our little City of Heath held their Christmas tree lighting. We had several families come over for chili beforehand, then went to the festivities. The two elementary school choirs sang, Santa came, cookies and cocoa were served, and best of all there was a TRAIN. Here are my kiddos waiting for the train to circle around the park so they can get a turn.


It was hard to keep Jack off of the track (aka sidewalk) while the train was being loaded with passengers.


Here he is, still waiting. Still excited.


Finally, a turn on the train...


And they're off! How cute is this little train?


All smiles afterward!


The first thing Jack said to me when he got off of the train was that he was NOT scared and he did NOT cry. We had a great time at this event. I love going to local Christmas events, big or small. They are low key and close by, free, and full of our neighbors! I hope this becomes an annual Christmas tradition.

2 comments:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I LOVE Addi's boots. I am going to look on Cavender's to see about getting my girls a pair!
I wish our little town did something like that, what fun!

The Wife said...

Totally unrelated to Christmas, but I love your white coat and red shoes!