Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Time Is Here!

It's December 1st, so Christmas time can officially begin...right? Our halls are almost completely decked and the excitement is already brimming. This year I'm really working to establish traditions while my children are still young. I love traditions and the way that memories cling to them! I've decided to blog about traditions this year. I'd love to hear about your favorite traditions too. You can leave a comment, or send me an email and I'll make a post about it. Some are pretty common, some may be more unique. The point is to find the ones that fit your family! I like to have a variety too, so some are low-key and others can require a little more work.


The first tradition started today and it is new for us this year. It's not terribly original, though. I finally found an advent calendar I liked so we have it hanging on our coat closet ready to countdown to Christmas! The kids are excited to move the candy cane to the next pocket every day and I like that I don't have to find little gifts for little doors or have one child crying while another eats a piece of candy. This one is exciting enough, but sharing will be doable as well. :)

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

3 comments:

Em said...

I like your advent. I found a super cute one at Target but to be honest I wasn't sure what I was supposed to put in all the little doors and I got a little intimidated.

The Wife said...

I found an idea for a scripture advent last year online. We made one with the YW and I liked the idea so much I made one with the kids. There is a scripture to read every day. It starts with Isaiah's prophecy about His birth, then of course scriptures about the birth, some about miracles, and the last few days before Christmas we read about the atonement and resurrection. The last scripture is the testimony of Joseph Smith found in D&C. I love this focus on the Savior and the kids enjoyed eating a piece of candy at night during family scripture candy! We enjoyed it so much we are doing it again this year.

Jamie R.

The Wife said...

I meant family scripture study, not family scripture candy! Ooops. :)