Today was very low key. We decorated (and ate!) sugar cookies, the kids watched "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas" and then they played upstairs for a while. The moms enjoyed the low key entertainment and opportunity to chat. It was a win-win that I will do every year we are home for Christmas. And of course, Santa always enjoys the cookies while he's putting toys together!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Cookies for Santa
Last year, on the 23rd of December, I had a little "Cookies for Santa" party for any friends who were in town. It was a lot of fun, so we did it again this year. I realize it sounds crazy to throw a party in the middle of all that needs to be done before Christmas, but I usually find that my kids are going nuts with all of my "to do" lists and this provides a much needed break for them. It also makes me feel like I'm doing something fun for friends, so I do it in place of taking a plate of goodies to their house.

Today was very low key. We decorated (and ate!) sugar cookies, the kids watched "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas" and then they played upstairs for a while. The moms enjoyed the low key entertainment and opportunity to chat. It was a win-win that I will do every year we are home for Christmas. And of course, Santa always enjoys the cookies while he's putting toys together!
Today was very low key. We decorated (and ate!) sugar cookies, the kids watched "Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas" and then they played upstairs for a while. The moms enjoyed the low key entertainment and opportunity to chat. It was a win-win that I will do every year we are home for Christmas. And of course, Santa always enjoys the cookies while he's putting toys together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment