"There’s a blanket of snow coverin’ up the old road
to the house where I was raised.
Through the window I see the lights on the tree
and a glow from the old fireplace.
Though it all looks the same so much as changed
from the way it used to be.
"Christmas memories of happy years gone by
They come back to me and keep me warm inside
Still those Christmas memories make me cry"
~ Alabama
to the house where I was raised.
Through the window I see the lights on the tree
and a glow from the old fireplace.
Though it all looks the same so much as changed
from the way it used to be.
"Christmas memories of happy years gone by
They come back to me and keep me warm inside
Still those Christmas memories make me cry"
~ Alabama
I had seriously kind roommates in college who actually let me play the CD. I'm not saying they embraced "Thistlehair the Christmas Bear," but they let me get my homesick "fix" in and tolerated the music. There was some ridicule. Maybe a lot of ridicule.
Speaking of Alabama Christmas...we actually had a few of them, seeing as Mike and I were born there. The only one I remember was a visit to the Clarkson's house after we'd moved to Texas. We slept on a hide-a-bed and watched "Ernest Saves Christmas." Good times! Strange what you remember.


3 comments:
I like that CD too!
I love reading your Christmas memories!
I remember that Christmas album. The other song I remember is "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas". I had never heard that song before we roomed together and it is still one of my favorite Christmas tunes.
Post a Comment