
I didn't miss a lot of things about Texas Tech University when I transferred to Texas A&M, though I certainly missed a lot of people. There was one lone Texas Tech tradition that I really missed: The Carol of Lights.
My freshman year I casually went with my friends to Science Quadrangle for some "Christmas" thing. The Carol of Lights was huge though! It was a cold, crisp night and I was a homesick, tired freshman. After the program, all of the campus lights went off and it was pitch black. Then the entire crowd sang "Silent Night." The reverence was undeniable and I felt so blessed to be there among so many different people of different beliefs singing a song about the birth of the Savior.
After "Silent Night" the whole campus lit up in Christmas lights. It was really beautiful. Absolutely one of my favorite holiday events ever!


No comments:
Post a Comment