Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I've really enjoyed getting in the Christmas Spirit by sharing various Christmas memories this month. It's been so fun to hear from my friends and family members as you have shared your own memories too!

This year has already been so fun getting ready for Christmas and seeing Addie enjoy the season. Christmas Day could be a total bust and I would still consider the holiday a success. I'm already looking forward to next year and we haven't even finished enjoying this one!

Some highlights of Addie this month:

She's obsessed with jingle bells. She has several different jingle bells that we've collected and she plays with them all day long.

She likes to shake all of the presents. She thinks the ones that don't make noise are empty.

She believes that Santa lives at the mall. We were watching Polar Express on ABC Family and a little Santa popped into the bottom corner of the screen and waved. She got so excited. Then when he left she said, "Bye Santa! He's going back to the mall!"

Even though most of the presents under our tree are for her, she only thinks she has one - the smallest box of course. She's been talking a lot lately about being big and little. Tonight even, she was explaining that she and Jack are little, and that Mommy and Daddy are big. It only makes sense that her present would be little.

I made a little movie using all of the video clips and photos from this month as well as photos from past Christmases that I didn't get the chance to use in other blogs. Since I've blogged about Christmas past, there's been little about the present!


Christmas Past, Present, and Future from Julie Berg on Vimeo.

The song on the video is one of my all time favorite Christmas songs. As a kid I would turn off all the lights in the living room, except for the Christmas tree of course, and play the Amy Grant version of this song over and over again. I find it really funny now that I'm a parent to consider how often I thought nobody was watching me.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

The Schroeder Family said...

That is a great video....it made me tear up! We miss you guys! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful Christmas memories! We hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Your family is so beautiful!

Serena said...

What a beautiful family. What a way to really make you thankful for your family and Christmas time. Addie and Jack are the cutest- but how come no pictures of Christmas Present Julie? :)

Shaela said...

I love your Christmas videos. Such adorable kids... We miss you guys!