Dear Hershey's Kiss,
Let me begin by expressing my deep love for you. You've been there, through thick and thin (mostly thick, thanks to you.) I only eat you once a year, every year. You provide a baking-free quick trip down memory lane through the oh so powerful sense of taste. What can I say, a bite of Hershey's and I start remembering peanut butter kiss cookies and all those Santa bowls mom decorated the house with during the holidays.
Unfortunately, I also remember far too many Christmas mornings of a sick stomach due to a breakfast of Hershey's kisses. After weeks of stealing you from the candy bowls, now there were some in my stocking and I just couldn't resist.
More important than that, it is because of you that I spend my month of January on a diet and in the gym. Really, do you have to be so tasty? All the morning shows this time of year talk about the rich food of the season that will pack on the pounds. They promote all the tricks to staying thin over the holidays in various convoluted ways. I really have it easy since there's only one danger food to my holidays.
I've thought about just eating you all year round so the novelty would wear off...but I'm not sure my waistline can handle the risk and these babies are tough enough on my figure. So, dear friend, this year I'm sticking with M&Ms. They are smaller and Anthony likes them too so he can share the calories with me. I promise it's not you, it's me. Farewell, adios, adieu.
Love Always,
Julie


6 comments:
Really?!? Hershey Kisses are your weakness? I had no idea! I'm not exactly sure why, but that's funny. I like the idea of switching to M&M's. Peanut M&M's are my favorite!
Those kisses are even more dangerous now that they've started shaking things up and creating new flavors! I must say the white chocolate peppermint kisses are definitely a season favorite! I could probably eat a whole bag in a couple days!
Dang those kisses! I know what you mean, I found the Hot Cocoa Kisses! Pure Heaven.
I actually bought some Kisses yesterday to make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies:)
At the store, I saw some Vanilla Yogurt Creme Kisses. Maybe if we eat those we can count them towards our dairy intake for the day?!
Bleh...not a temptation for me, but just about everything else is! :) I actually take the kisses out of the peanut butter cookies. I'm a freak I guess.
Funny post!
My holiday vice is toffee. I'll pass on the kisses, unless Ghiradelli started making them. Mmm... Ghiradelli chocolate.
OH Julie! Really? So sad!
Post a Comment