Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Barbie Dream House

This was seriously one of my favorite Christmas presents. I had wanted a Barbie Dream House FOREVER, so when I saw this sitting in the living room on Christmas morning I was so excited. It came completely furnished. There was even a poodle for Barbie to walk.

I still remember playing with it on New Year's Eve that year. Lori Blad and I played Barbies all night long as we took turns sneaking into the living room to get snacks from the adult party. Even looking at it now, that's a really cool Barbie house!

If Addie is into Barbies one day, I may have to find her one of these. Of course, she probably won't think it's cool because it won't be the same as her friends'. Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll skip Barbie. Go for Cabbage Patch Kids...they promote a healthier body image anyway. :)

As a side note, we did have a pretty hideous (sorry Mom and Dad) plaid couch at one point, but this is not it. I just stole this picture from someone on eBay.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, and the hideous plaid couch would not DIE. It was made of some insane material that was supposed to withstand the rigors of family life.... it is probably still alive somewhere.

Joseph Wilson said...

...healthier body image! I love it!

-Mel

Em said...

ew, I remember throwing up on that couch. I think it was made of tweed or something.
I remember the poodle!

Texas Blad's said...

we had a couch like that,too- the ugly, never staining or wearing out couch! but I'm really here to comment on the BARBIE MANSION that we played with so much! I remember spending so much time at your house, in your room, with that awsome house, the car, barbie and a shoebox FULL of Barbie clothes! good times, good times....I want to get the girls a dollhouse like that this year, I've been looking...

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

I had one of those! Loved it. Cabbage patch dolls...too funny, so true:)