Monday, December 08, 2008

Our First Christmas

We made our first Christmas memorable by spending it in New York City. It was so much fun. We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, enjoyed looking at the beautifully decorated windows, eating hot dogs and roasted nuts on the street, and our fair share of sight seeing.



Here's Anthony at Battery Park. This was still the beginning of our marriage, so I had not yet learned to take the camera from him and get some pictures of him. Most of what I have are pictures of me. :)



On the 23rd of December, we went to see Thoroughly Modern Millie. On Christmas Eve we had dinner at The Four Seasons. Then on Christmas Day we saw 42nd street, which was perfect for Christmas Day. We left on the day after Christmas after a short sale shopping spree at Rockefeller Center. In between we tried to find something we could afford at Barneys or Bergdorf Goodman, but failed. Little known fact: if you are really desperate to look cool they sell their shopping bags at Barney's so you can just LOOK like you shop there. NICE. We also had fun at FAO Schwartz. Oh, and we went to this cute restaurant Serendipity (yes, from the movie) and had their famous frozen hot chocolate. It was well worth the walk.



I hope that someday we can take our kids back with us and enjoy a fun Christmas in the city!

1 comment:

Mom of 2 Cuties said...

How fun! I have ordered the Serendipity hot chocolate from online...yummy! But I am sure it doesn't even come close to the "real" thing and experience of NY!