Thursday, December 11, 2008
The Girls and Christmas
All joking about the surprise brother of 1983 aside, I did finally get a sister. Once Emily was old enough to join in the fun, there are just a lot of Christmas traditions that became about her, me, and mom. For example, the boys were suppose to go into the attic and get all the decorations out. After that the girls would decorate the house. Then, inevitably, the decorations from last year would not be enough. So, we'd have to go get some more. I have especially fond memories of the time we spent in the kitchen baking, the music played, the dancing, and (usually) the laughter coming from Emily directed at me. I'm pretty sure I'm the reason she doesn't like to dance in public. She probably thought you had to make a fool of yourself like I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I am loving all of your Christmas blogs, thanks Julie!
Me too! I think the train was from Big Lots.
Haha...I love your dancing skills. Addie has them too!
Last night mom said "I love that picture of you and Julie on her blog, except I still can't figure out how you look shorter than her..."
:)
I really like this picture.
Post a Comment