It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, yet not a terribly Silent Night. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer was dreaming of a White Christmas. Not a Blue Christmas, or even a Hard Candy Christmas, but a Still Still Still night where only the sound of Jingle Bells would be heard. He thought to himself, "If only Twas the Night Before Christmas...then I might be doing a few of My Favorite Things, like Walking in a Winter Wonderland or taking a Sleigh Ride." when suddenly before him were Three Kings. "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing! You don't have to wait until Santa Claus is Coming to Town to hear those Sleigh Bells Ring! In fact, While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks you could be Rockin Around the Christmas Tree!" So come Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas with all the Jingle Bell Rock and Joy to the World that friends, food and fun can provide! We'll leave A Candle in the Window for you.
This was the text on the front of the invitation to our Christmas party the first year we were in Iowa. I was really proud of my cleverness.
We had some great times throwing parties there and consider ourselves very blessed to have such good friends. We hope to start up our party throwing days again once we're settled down somewhere...hopefully we'll find people there who are as willing to play my silly Christmas games as these folks were! The games were silly, but the company was great and there were always plenty of smiles so I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Here's a little slideshow I put together with the pictures I have. I had some incriminating videos too...but this seemed the safer route. If you are missing from the slide show, but remember being at the party - don't be offended. I might have done you a favor by not posting your video. :)
We had some great times throwing parties there and consider ourselves very blessed to have such good friends. We hope to start up our party throwing days again once we're settled down somewhere...hopefully we'll find people there who are as willing to play my silly Christmas games as these folks were! The games were silly, but the company was great and there were always plenty of smiles so I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Here's a little slideshow I put together with the pictures I have. I had some incriminating videos too...but this seemed the safer route. If you are missing from the slide show, but remember being at the party - don't be offended. I might have done you a favor by not posting your video. :)
I have to mention that there were some insanely funny White Elephant gifts traded around here. My favorite is probably the autographed and framed self portrait that Brent Gardner brought to the party. It hung in our garage for the last two years we were in Iowa...now it's in the basement. One of these days I'll post it on eBay and make a ton of money off of it.





3 comments:
lets just say i'm glad you didn't post the pics of me in my white elephant! Some great times...thanks for being such a great host!
That was a good time.
I love the picture of your house. It looks so beautiful.
I can't believe how old we have all gotten! Brent looks like baby in those pictures. I, of course, haven't changed a bit ... ;)
Your parties always got me in the Christmas spirit. Don't forget to mention that the other white elephant from the Gardner's was a big, nasty bone. We were the lucky recipients of that one.
Post a Comment