Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Brother for Christmas



I wanted a sister for Christmas in 1983. Instead, I was blessed with a very cool brother and an Atari game system that showed up in her place. Really, I joke about having issues with Joey because he ruined my plans of having a sister...but that was a very special Christmas and one I will always remember. Was I sad to have Christmas without Mom? Sure, but that's a whole different post. :) Having a sibling with a Christmas birthday was really kinda fun. There was just more to celebrate in a season full of celebrations.

The Atari gaming system was also the start of a Wilson family tradition. Pretty much every year that there has been a new system out on the market, mom has made sure it was in the house well before we all got there. My favorite was the year of PlayStation II snowboarding game. "Shake What Your Momma Gave Ya" will forever be ingrained in my head and there is definitely a part of my mind that thinks I can snowboard! Everyone enjoyed it...I wish I had a video of my Grandmother playing!

Here's where it all began:

1 comment:

Brent said...

Wow. The Atari game board. That brings back memories...