Saturday, December 06, 2008

The Year of the Windsuit

I think it's interesting that when we were actually in the middle of the 90s, we looked back on the fashion of the 80s with such amazing disdain. As if we were doing any better? Case in point: the windsuit. This was the year of the windsuit. This blessed outfit was given to Mom, Dad, Mike, Dan, Joey, Emily, grandparents, aunts, uncles...and yes, me. Everybody gave everybody else a windsuit.

My high school basketball team made fun of my family because they all seemed to show up to every one of my games that year wearing their windsuits. It was a sporting event. It only made sense! I was defenseless. I mean, it's one thing for another kid's dad to wear one, while their mom and sibling come in other gear. But all six of my family fan club was wearing them. Killer.

Couple of side notes: Yes, that is all real hair. No extensions necessary.

The pretty mauve and blue bedding was also a Christmas gift. Again...gotta love the 90s!

6 comments:

BandHGardner said...

Oh my gosh! You look like you came straight out of "Fresh Prince of Belle Aire"! So hot.

Melissa Wilson said...

I am laughing so hard right now!

Melissa Wilson said...

Still smiling HUGE...Julie, that is SOOO bad :)

Kristi said...

I can't believe that's all REAL hair! What a looker:) I'm loving reading about your past Christmases.

Crystal said...

I remember that windsuit...and I do remember your family showing up to the basketball games all "windsuited" out. :) But my Mom was a big fan of windsuits too...so who am I to make fun!

Lauren said...

Sweet post! I had a bright pink and blue one. Who am I to judge?